How It Works
- Guides the driver step by step through the challenges of an accident scene
- Immediately notifies the motor carrier when an accident has occurred
- Helps a driver gather and store vital accident scene information
- Creates a thorough, detailed accident report
Online Training 24/7
- Learn proper protocol for collecting all necessary information
- Understand effective accident scene conduct
- Access training any time from your phone or handheld device
- Keep drivers on the road, not in a classroom
- Reduces exposure to liability
- Provides peace of mind for less than $0.07 per day
- Immediate response to critical events
- Rapidly delivers invaluable information
- Records weather conditions and GPS location
- Detailed report for investigation and claims
Why We Started AccidentPlan
The stakes are high during the chaotic and risky period immediately following and accident. Issues faced by drivers and motor carriers are:
Skyrocketing Claims Costs
- Uncontrolled claims lead to increased premiums.
- You can still be sued, even when you are not at fault.
- You face your greatest exposure at the moment of least control.
The Playing Field is Not Level
- Public Perception is slanted against the motor carrier.
- Professional drivers are rarely responsible for crashes, but regularly receive the blame.
- Reptile plaintiff lawyers are highly skilled at defaming the motor carrier
Drivers are Only Human
- Poorly planned protocol can lead to driver thought-paralysis in a crisis situation.
- Training is irregularly reinforced.
- Current practices are cumbersome, outdated and poorly organized.
- Incomplete or illegible data is collected from the scene
You must protect your business! If you control the narrative, you control the claim. Rapid response leads to rapid resolution – a faster close – and a less expensive claim.
Meet the Creators of AccidentPlan
Brendan Dawson, Founder
For over 10 years, Brendan has been solely responsible for the day-to-day trucking operations of a $400 million 38-unit fleet of mobile TV production units. Throughout his professional journey, he has also become advanced in trucking logistics, safety, personnel, procurement, maintenance vehicle design, specification, and more.
Baffled by the outdated zippered pouch and disposable camera approach, he discovered the idea for AccidentPlan when he was unable to find a more efficient alternative for his drivers. Over the course of his career his fleet has had very few accidents, but continued to identify problems with the zippered pouch accident kit–they were expensive to ship, cumbersome, and often illegible. “There’s much less room for error with AccidentPlan,” he says. “It’s time stamped, original, and you get photos right away.”
Patrick Fay, Vice President of Engineering
Patrick Fay has over 16 years’ experience in the accident reconstruction industry. He leads the In-House Computer Graphics department at Fay Engineering, and has helped explain dozens of trucking accidents for court cases across the USA. Patrick has overseen the development of our product and interactive training module, drawing on his computer science background and his experience in software interface design.
Patrick believes that AccidentPlan can level the playing field for truck drivers and trucking companies by helping the driver capture the information he/she knows is important. “Some of the data is gone the moment the accident scene is cleared away,” he says. “AccidentPlan gives you the best chance you have to get that data while it’s still there.”